1st Time Buyer Mortgage
Making that first step onto the property ladder as a 1st time buyer can be a daunting prospect. Sifting through the differing kinds of mortgage, trying to understand the varying processes required, the hoops you’re required to jump through – it can be a bit over-whelming.
At www.get-a-mortgage.net we can help you understand the procedure with our small guide to searching and applying for your first mortgage so that you can get on the right path towards owning your own property.
- Eligibility – A 1st time buyer mortgage is available if you are over 18 years of age and have not previously had a mortgage (in a joint mortgage at least one person must never have held a mortgage before)
- Know your budget – Before deciding on a property and a mortgage it’s essential that you’re aware of your budget. You’ll need some savings, (at least to the value of 10% of the property) and firm knowledge of your monthly income and outgoings. This will enable you to plan out how much you can afford to pay per month.
- How Much Can I Borrow – This will be dependent on your budget. The lender will assess how much to loan based against you income, spending and credit rating.
- Research – Look a where you want to live and the type of property you wish to live in. Property prices and types will vary from region to region.
- Which Type of Mortgage – There are various types of mortgage available. It’s important to opt for the one that fits your personal requirements. Eg.
- Fixed – where monthly payments stay the same for the duration of the loan
- Tracker – where payments fluctuate in line with Bank of England interest rates.
- YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP PAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE.
Fill out our simple form and speak with one of our impartial advisors today.
Confused about which lender to choose?
It’s all very simple, free for you to use and with absolutely no obligations!
- Simply answer a few short questions on the form below
- We will then be able to tell you which mortgage broker wants to help you.
- Just click on the ‘submit’ button and we can put the chosen mortgage broker in touch with you
This web site is operated by Hello Leads Ltd and introduces clients to regulated mortgage brokers. Hello Leads Ltd does not provide any finance advice and only introduces customers to regulated companies under an exemption.
Hello Leads Ltd.
The company is registered in England and Wales under Company Number 10286382